Futures Gaming - Inclusive Design Thinking and Storytelling
ARFTF is an inclusive, design thinking, storytelling game built on the principle of shifting from a center of Western cultural views to alternative future worlds where Black and BIPOC cultural perspectives are at the forefront. The game challenges participants to have a conversation about the future and lift the creative restraints on imagination. Through our live-facilitated sessions, players learn how to harness the Afro-Rithm as a tool for innovation and liberation.
• A brief introduction to the game & Afrofuturism by Dr. Lonny Brooks
• Game facilitation by Ahmed Best
• Curated Afrofuturism pre-reading list
• Optional: Graphic Facilitation of overall themes and ideas generated through gameplay and conversation.
• Optional: Live-Artist rendering of participant-generated objects + 3D rapid prototyping printing of future objects.
Ahmed Best is a skinny kid from the Bronx who is known for his work as the first CGI lead character in a motion picture starring as Jar Jar Binks in Star Wars: The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones, and Revenge of the Sith. Ahmed is a Senior Fellow at USC Annenberg School for Communica tion and Journalism, a professor of Film and Actor Entrepreneurship at USC School for the Dramatic Arts, and a visiting professor at the Stanford D.School. He is the host of the Afrofuturist podcast and one of the co-founders of the Afrorithm Futures Group. Over his distinguished career Ahmed has worn many fly hats as the CEO of BISN Media, a writer, director, producer, actor, musician, host, and futurist.